The objective of the meeting was to provide an update on the progress to date of the Medtronic LABS led projects currently running in Kenya and their future plans such providing an integrated end-to-end solution for non – communicable diseases (NCDs) i.e., hypertension and diabetes care.
Earlier prior to the High – Level stakeholder meeting, Kenya Healthcare Federation and Medtronic LABS paid a courtesy call to Ministry of Health, Director, Medical Services Preventive and Promotive Health, Dr Andrew Mulwa.
Ministry of Health, Kenya, Ag. Director-Health Sector Coordination, Intergovernmental Relations & International Health Relations, Dr. Joseph Lenai was present and made his remarks from the Ministry of Health during this High – Level stakeholder Meeting.
Also in attendance and making their remarks and presentation were;
1. Medtronic LABS – Chairman of the Board and former Medtronic CEO Mr. Omar Ishrak, Medtronic Central Europe & Middle East Africa President Mr. Majid Kaddoumi, Medtronic Labs President Ms. Ruchika Singhal and Head of Business Development, Government Affairs & Partnerships, Eric Angula.
2. Kenya Healthcare Federation – Chairperson, Dr. Gakombe KK and CEO, Dr. Anastasia Nyalita
3. Development Partners for Health Kenya (DPHK) – DPHK Secretariat, Dr. Vincent Ibworo.
4. UN SDG Partnership Platform – PHC Window Coordinator at SDG Partnership Platform, Irene Karanja.
5. KDDA – Chairperson Mr. Reuben Magoko.