KHF started with seven founding member organizations in 2004 and has since enjoyed a tremendous growth. The current number of members is over 160 drawn from Health Organizations*, Professional and Institutional Associations. The Federation materializes its vision and mission through five key objectives…
- Initiate activities and programs that guarantee the sustainability and vitality of the Kenya Healthcare Federation.
- Promote the role of the private sector as a key player in delivery of quality healthcare services in Kenya.
- Engage with various government of Kenya agencies and other policy makers in the development of policies that promote delivery of quality healthcare services in Kenya.
- Build the capacity of members and lobby for action in key thematic areas of health service delivery.
- Facilitate, coordinate and undertake the publication and dissemination of the annual Kenya Health Index.
Benefits of KHF Membership
Kenya Healthcare Federation (KHF) is actively involved in advocacy work through different forums where the leadership engages with the government to champion for its members. These are aligned at influencing policy decisions and directions towards creating a conducive business environment for members in pursuit of quality healthcare services to the public.
KHF also organizes high level forums across the country to bring together government officials and other stakeholders (such as the FBO’s, major insurers, hospitals, pharmaceuticals, corporates) to discuss key policy issues and iron out areas of divergent opinions. They provide numerous opportunities to our members for exchange of information, ideas and business opportunities among health sector professionals.
Kenya Healthcare Federation (KHF) engages with different federations and associations within the region in efforts to share insights on best practices and new innovations in the healthcare space. This has been strengthened through participation in the regional and continental platforms such as;
• East Africa Healthcare Federation (EAHF)
• East Africa Health Platform (EAHP)
• East Africa Business Council (EABC)
• Africa Healthcare Federation (AHF)
Public Private Partnerships (PPP)
Kenya Healthcare Federation partners with different organizations in mutually befitting arrangements. This is within the prospects on ensuring sustainability through coherent and organic engagements. In this regard, KHF has partnered over the years with Health NGOs Network (HENNET), Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK), Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB), UN SDG Platform, The Supreme Council of Kenya Muslims (SUPKEM) and the Development partners under the Development Partners Health Kenya (DPHK) umbrella. Schedule events and relevant forums for our members to engage and benefit from each other and from other players in the healthcare sector.
Kenya Healthcare Federation (KHF) in discharge of its mandate conducts different projects with partners. Give our members priority to participate in projects such as Afya Elimu Fund, Multi stakeholder Partnership and other national and global projects.
Access to patent events, trade missions and expos throughout the year.
KHF organizes its own meetings, workshops/events and also partners with leading global event management companies in the health sector and is often able to obtain heavily reduced delegate rates for its members.