The 7th Annual Devolution Conference commenced on 23rd November 2021 at Makueni Boys High School, Makueni County under the theme; Multi – Level Governance for Climate Action.
The First Health Breakout Session under the sub theme; Climate Change and Health at the County level: Burden, Impact, Interventions and Lessons Learnt was chaired by Governor of Kisumu County, Prof. Anyang’ Nyong’o with the objective of critically examining the impact of climate change on health in Kenya’s devolved context.
1. Senator for Narok County and Member of the Standing Committee on Health, Ledama Olekina, MP.
2. West Pokot County, Hon. Catherine Mukenyang.
3. Kenya Healthcare Federation, Chief Executive Officer, Dr. Anastasia Nyalita.
4. USAID, Head, Health Population and Nutrition Office, Mr. John Kuehnle.
5. Kenya Red Cross Society, Secretary General, Dr Asha Mohammed.
The Health Sector was well represented by Ministry of Health, Kenya, Chief Administrative Secretary, Dr. Mercy Mwangangi and the KHF Delegation led by KHF, Chief Executive Officer, Dr. Anastasia Nyalita.
The KHF delegation included;
1. Tech Care for All (tc4a.com) East Africa, Sales and Marketing, Edith N. Gitau
2. PharmAccess Foundation, Regional Director, Millicent Olulo Orera
3. MSP Advocacy Champion, Bittah Adhiambo
4. MSP Advocacy Champion, Malkia Moraa Abuga
The Second Health Break out session was on Building Resilience and Mitigating the Impact of COVID-19. This session was chaired by H.E Dr. Alfred Mutua and moderated by Communication Practitioner, Ms. Carol Nderi with the aim of reflecting on the gains and lessons learned to inform the country’s preparedness to handle future pandemics.
The Panelists included;
1. Senator for Kisii County Government and Member of the Standing Committee on Health, Prof. Samson K. Ongeri, EGH, MP.
2. Nakuru County, Chair, County Assembly Health Committee, Hon. Njuguna Mwaura.
3. Ministry of Health, Kenya, Chief Administrative Secretary, Dr. Mercy Mwangangi.
4. UNAIDS, Country Director, Dr. Medhin Tsehaiu.
5. Muslim COVID-19 Response Committee, Chair, Prof. Mohamed Karama.
6. Makueni County, Community Health Volunteer, Susan Kaloki.
The Multi-Stakeholders Partnership (MSP), a consortium made up of Malteser International, AMREF Health Africa in Kenya, Kenya Healthcare Federation and Unitely was one of the exhibitors at this year’s Devolution Conference. The MSP delegation reached out to the various counties that were also exhibiting with the focus on unregulated carders across the country.
The delegation included;
1. Malteser International Regional Partnerships Coordinator, David Magina.
2. AMREF Health Africa, Project Manager, Catherine Mwenda.
3. KHF Project Coordinator, Dr. Brayhan Kariuki
4. MSP Advocacy Champion, Bittah Adhiambo
5. MSP Advocacy Champion, Malkia Moraa Abuga