Annual Health Summit 2022: Health Financing
Kenya Healthcare Federation (KHF) has partnered with Strathmore Business School (SBS) and the National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) to host the Annual Health Summit: Health Financing Forum on 28th and 29th November 2022 at the Strathmore University Auditorium. The Annual Health summit for this year will be centered on Health Financing and with discussions focusing on the NHIF reforms, Health Financing solutions and the role of key players in Health systems Financing in the progression of Universal Health Coverage.
Discussions will focus on the three priority areas as outlined in the Kenya Health Financing Strategy (KHFS) 2020-2030:
- Mobilization of the resources needed to provide essential health services to the population
- Maximizing efficiency and value for money in the management and utilization of available resources for health
- Ensuring equity and financial risk protection in the mobilization and allocation of health resources
The reforms being implemented by National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) will also take center stage given the key role that it will play in the journey towards Universal Health Coverage. This summit will provide a platform for the Fund to share with stakeholders the reforms that have taken place so far, their outcomes and implications for Universal Health Coverage.
The summit is intended to bring key stakeholders together to deliberate on the following key areas of health financing:
- How are resources for health currently raised?
- What are the NHIF reforms aimed at increasing its resources?
- How can we raise more resources for health?
- What are counties doing or what could they do to mobilize more resources?
- How do we enhance financial risk protection?
Efficiency in the management and use of available resources
- Why focus on efficiency?
- What is the NHIF doing to improve efficiency
- Where are our current resources being spent?
- What are opportunities for efficiency gains?
- Do we need more resources for health or more health for the resources?